- Powered Bluetooth speaker
- 2.75" Kevlar woofers, 3/4” silk dome tweeters
- Bluetooth, 3.5mm stereo mini-jack analog
Analog input impedance
- 100-240V, 50/60Hz auto-switching
- >95db (typical A-weighted)
- <0.05% at all power settings
Analog Input impedance
Input bit depth
Input data rate
Bluetooth receiver type
Supported Bluetooth codecs
Supported Bluetooth profiles
- Output current limiting, thermal over-temperature, power on/off transient protection
- 4.25”(H) x 12.25”(W) x 5.50”(D)
Shipping box dims
- 10.5” (H) x 16” (W) x 7.5” (D)
Materials and Construction
- 18mm thick MDF cabinets with real wood veneer
- 3/4" silk dome tweeters with neodymium magnets
- 2.75" Kevlar woofers with advanced voice coils
- Power cable
- Mini-jack audio cable, 1.5 meters (~5 feet)
- Microfiber speaker bag
- Quickstart guide
- Operating temperature: 24° to 105°F (0°C to 40°C)
- Storage temperature: -4° to 115°F (-20°C to 46°C)
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing
Digital-to-analog converter characteristics
- The B2 Bluetooth speaker system utilizes the TI PCM5102A DAC, widely know for it's low noise and high fidelity. Due to the PCM5102A's high signal-to-noise specs, the fact that digital signal is converted (upsampled) to 24-bits and the added benefit of triple redundancy power source conversion and filtering, the B2 presents impressive low noise and low distortion characteristics with a noticeable improvement over other Bluetooth speakers.
Extended wireless range
- Most Bluetooth speakers have very limited range, usually within just one room. But with careful signal management circuitry and antenna tuning, we offer a superior solution that will reach more than one room with no degradation in audio quality.
High quality Bluetooth audio
- The B2 features aptX coding which is an advanced Bluetooth audio codec that provides much higher-quality sound than previous versions. The B2 is backwards-compatible with all previous Bluetooth implementations so you can wirelessly stream music from any device and still enjoy outstanding sound.
Custom-built audio components
- Audioengine designs and manufactures our own tweeters, woofers, and many other critical components. In other words, these are not "box built" speakers with off-the-shelf parts but entirely designed to our specifications. What we do not fabricate directly in our factories we have custom-made to our specifications (parts such as toroidal transformers, magnets, and wiring harnesses, for example). The speaker cabinets, drivers, bass port designs, amplifiers, and crossovers are all painstakingly tuned together for each Audioengine model. This, in turn, makes for a much more efficient system that requires much less power than traditional AV stereo receivers and passive speakers.
Based on studio monitor designs
- Studio monitor speakers are used by producers and engineers in recording and production studios. They are designed with a theoretical flat frequency response which allows the engineer to create a final mix in such a way that the recorded music will sound good on most other speakers. Although Audioengine speakers are not designed to be up-close "nearfield" studio monitors, we do carry over much of the same higher-end technology, components, and design philosophy for all Audioengine speaker systems.
- Audioengine uses audiophile-quality, ferro fluid cooled, silk dome tweeters with neodymium magnets. Silk tweeters hold up well under high power and the edge-driven design gives very smooth response. The custom woofers are Kevlar woven glass aramid composite with rubber surrounds. Kevlar is obviously very strong, which means that the woofer retains its shape when being driven at high levels. The speaker materials and construction are very robust, therefore speaker grills aren’t needed. In other words, we did our homework on the speaker drivers and they will sound and look great after many years of use.
- To minimize unwanted resonances and distortion, Audioengine cabinets have thick high-resin MDF walls with extensive internal bracing. Heavy internal sound-damping material is also used to reduce unwanted sound reflections inside the cabinet. The B2 cabinet is a unique design in that it has dual sub-enclosures to prevent cross-interference, while each side contains its own tuned, front-port bass slot.
- The class A/B amplifiers in Audioengine speaker systems are very conservatively-rated analog designs. Each subsystem is tuned together for all models, providing a much more efficient system requiring less power than passive speakers and separate amplifiers. An auto-standby idle mode is also included to conserve power when you're not playing music.
- Both drivers are magnetically-shielded which allows protection for CRT displays and hard-drive music players.