[ Overview ]
A high-performance bookshelf speaker pair with the same great looks and sound as our powered speakers. Experience the signature Audioengine sound and quality but without our built-in amplifiers. Beautiful, small, and affordable, P4 is the perfect choice for your living room, bedroom or office and an ideal surround speaker for use with other Audioengine speakers in your home theater or stereo system.
The P4 passive speakers are full-sounding bookshelf speakers in a satellite-sized package. The goal with P4 was to design a small but powerful bookshelf speaker for people that already have surround receivers or amplifiers and are looking for the same Audioengine sound and quality in a passive loudspeaker.
If you already have an power amp or don't want to give up that big surround receiver then the P4 is for you. The P4 has excellent bass response for its size, which is evident when used either as stereo speakers or as satellite surround speakers in your home theater setup. P4 sounds great sitting on stands, on a bookshelf, or mounted on a wall using the integrated threaded inserts which are compatible with most wall or ceiling mount bracket systems.
The P4 passive speakers are perfect for digital hybrid amplifiers (Class-D, Class-T, etc.) as well as most stereo receivers, integrated amps, and tube amplifiers. The P4 has a 4 ohm impedance rating but will sound great when connected to almost any receiver or power amp with 4, 6 or 8 ohm speaker output impedance.
The Audioengine P4 sets a new level of quality and easy setup. Mount a pair on a wall or stand as surround speakers in a home theater system or place them on a shelf or table for a compact stereo setup. Even if you're not an audio enthusiast we guarantee you will still hear a difference!
- 4" 2-way passive, front ported design
- Hand-built and custom finished cabinets
- 5-way gold-plated binding posts
- Silk dome tweeters and Kevlar woofers
- Excellent performance for music and movies
- Wall mount, stand or shelf placement
- Digital hybrid amplifiers (Class-D, Class-T, etc.)
- Stereo and surround sound receivers, integrated amps, tube amplifiers
- Whole-house music systems such as the Sonos ZonePlayer 120
What's in the Box
- P4 Passive Speakers
- Drawstring Cloth Speaker Bags
- High-density foam isolation pads (attached)
- Setup Guide
- Product line brochure
- Solid Carbonized Bamboo
- Satin Black
- Hi-Gloss White
- 2-way passive, front ported design
- 4" Kevlar woofers , 3/4" silk dome tweeters
- Gold-plated, 5-way binding posts
Total shipping weight
- 228 (H) x 140 (W) x 165 mm (D) (9 x 5.5 x 6.5")
Shipping box dims
- 330 (H) x 460 (W) x 228 mm (D) (13 x 18 x 9")
Wall or Ceiling Mount
- The P4 speakers include two standard 1/4" threaded inserts on the rear panel and another insert on the bottom of each P4 cabinet for attaching a speaker mount or bracket. We recommend using products by companies such as OmniMount or Sanus. Before installing mounts or brackets make sure you consult all documentation and carefully follow the installation instructions.
Custom Built(each speaker HWD)
- Audioengine designs and manufactures our own tweeters, woofers, and many other critical components. In other words, these are not "box built" speakers with off-the-shelf parts but entirely custom-designed to our specifications. What we do not fabricate directly in our factory we have custom-made to our designs. The cabinets, drivers, bass port designs, and crossovers are all painstakingly tuned together for each model.
- Audioengine uses audiophile quality, ferro fluid cooled, silk dome tweeters with Neodymium magnets. Silk tweeters hold up well under high power and the edge-driven design gives very smooth response. The woofers are Kevlar woven glass aramid composite with rubber surrounds. Kevlar is obviously very strong, which means that the woofer retains its shape when being driven at high levels. The speaker materials and construction are robust enough to stand up to some serious thrashing, so speaker grills aren’t needed. In other words, we did our homework on the speaker drivers and they will sound and look great after many years of use.
- To minimize unwanted resonances and distortion, Audioengine cabinets have thick high-resin MDF walls with extensive internal bracing. Heavy internal sound-damping material is used to reduce unwanted sound reflections inside the cabinet. All cabinet edges are rounded which look great and reduce high-frequency diffraction effects on the front baffles. The P4 cabinet contains tuned, front-port slots.
- Both drivers are directly magnetically shielded which allow you to place the speakers within a few inches of a video monitor. This shielding also offers protection for hard drive-based digital music players.