- Custom 5.5” Kevlar woofers with die cast aluminum woofer baskets
- Custom 1” silk tweeters with neodymium magnets and ferrofluid-cooled voice coils
- Hand-built cabinets with furniture-grade finishesDetachable magnetic speaker grills
- 5-way gold-plated binding posts
- Threaded inserts to secure speakers to stands
- Passive crossovers with upgraded components
Audioengine HDP6 Premium Passive Speakers
[ Overview ]
Bookshelf speakers offer you the flexibility to place them in tight spaces, but they typically don’t have the same huge sound as floorstanders. Not so with HDP6. You’ll be delighted to hear that they project a soundstage usually found in large flagship speakers. Beautiful and small, place them in an out-of-the-way nook in your living room, mount them in your home theater, or place them on stands in your den. Anywhere you want them, their performance will impress you as they tastefully coordinate with almost any decor.
- Digital hybrid amplifiers (Class-D, Class-T, etc.)
- Stereo and surround sound receivers, integrated amps, tube amplifiers
- Whole-house music systems such as the Sonos ZonePlayer 120
- (2) HDP6 Passive Speakers
- (2) Drawstring Cloth Speaker Bags
- (2) High Density Foam Isolation Pads (attached)
- (1) Setup Guide
- (1) Product Line Brochure
- 2-way passive, rear ported design
- 88dB (2.83v@1m)
- <50Hz-22kHz ±1.5dB
- 4 Ohms
- 2.8 kHz
- 10-150W per channel
- 5.5" Kevlar woofers 1" silk dome tweeters
- 20mm thick MDF cabinets
- Gold-plated, 5-way binding posts
- Operating temperature: 32° to 95°F
- Non-operating temperature: -4° to 113°F
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% non-condensing
- 5.5 kg (12.5 lbs)
Total shipping weight
- 14.5 kg (32 lbs)
- 300 (H) x 185 (W) x 250 mm (D) (11.75 x 7.25 x 10")
Shipping box dims
- 430 (H) x 510 (W) x 380 mm (D) (17 x 20 x 15")
- Satin Black, Walnut Veneer, Cherry Veneer
Wall or Ceiling Mount
- HDP6 speakers include two standard 1/4" threaded inserts on the bottom of each HDP6 cabinet for attaching a speaker mount or bracket. We recommend using products by companies such as OmniMount or Sanus. Before installing mounts or brackets make sure you consult all documentation and carefully follow the installation instructions.
- Audioengine designs and manufactures our own speaker drivers and other critical components. In other words, the HDP6 is not a “box-built" system with off-the-shelf parts, but includes custom-designed components constructed to our specifications. What we do not fabricate directly inside our factories we have made to our specific designs - parts such as circuit boards, transformers, magnets, and wiring harnesses, for example.
- Audioengine uses audiophile-quality, ferrofluid-cooled silk dome tweeters with neodymium magnets. Silk tweeters hold up well under high power and the edge-driven design gives very smooth response. The woofers are Kevlar woven glass aramid composite with rubber surrounds. Kevlar is obviously very strong, which means the woofer retains its shape when being driven at high levels. The HDP6 woofers are housed in cast aluminum frames which provide high rigidity and increased heat dispersion.
- To minimize unwanted resonances and distortion, Audioengine cabinets have thick high-resin MDF walls with extensive internal bracing. Heavy internal sound-damping material is used to reduce unwanted sound reflections inside the cabinet. All cabinet edges are rounded which look great and reduce high-frequency diffraction effects on the front baffles. The HDP6 cabinet contains tuned, rear-port slots.
- The HDP6 cabinets are available in several handsome finishes, including walnut and cherry veneers as well as satin black paint, offering a wide choice for complementing room furnishings. Also included are detachable grills that add further aesthetic advantages as they are firmly held in place with hidden neodymium magnets for a clean look.
- Both drivers are directly magnetically shielded which allow you to place the speakers within a few inches of a video monitor. This shielding also offers protection for hard drive-based digital music players.
- Available in the US only
The high quality packaging really showed that Vinylmnky cares about how your record arrives.
Prompt with any questions asked, fast, reliable shipping with a tracking number and high quality records.
It's really a fantastic way for collectors to build their library and discover new music that maybe you wouldn't normally listen to.